Organisation XIII Index du Forum
Organisation XIII Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Hourglass Time Memory Marriage

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Organisation XIII Index du Forum -> Zone Flood -> Paradox Bar
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
ziriquin

Masculin
Embleme Simili: 282
Progression: 0,77

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 14:16 (2017)    Sujet du message: Hourglass Time Memory Marriage Répondre en citant

Hourglass: Time, Memory, Marriage
by Dani Shapiro

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Hourglass: Time, Memory, Marriage

The best-selling novelist and memoirist delivers her most intimate and powerful work: a piercing, life-affirming memoir about marriage and memory, about the frailty and elasticity of our most essential bonds, and about the accretion, over time, of both sorrow and love.

Hourglass is an inquiry into how marriage is transformed by time--abraded, strengthened, shaped in miraculous and sometimes terrifying ways by accident and experience. With courage and relentless honesty, Dani Shapiro opens the door to her house, her marriage, and her heart, and invites us to witness her own marital reckoning--a reckoning in which she confronts both the life she dreamed of and the life she made, and struggles to reconcile the girl she was with the woman she has become.
     What are the forces that shape our most elemental bonds? How do we make lifelong commitments in the face of identities that are continuously shifting, and commit ourselves for all time when the self is so often in flux? What happens to love in the face of the unexpected, in the face of disappointment and compromise--how do we wrest beauty from imperfection, find grace in the ordinary, desire what we have rather than what we lack? Drawing on literature, poetry, philosophy, and theology, Shapiro writes gloriously of the joys and challenges of matrimonial life, in a luminous narrative that unfurls with urgent immediacy and sharp intelligence. Artful, intensely emotional work from one of our finest writers.

From the Hardcover edition.

Hourglass: Time, Memory, Marriage link italian free iBooks ipad

A familiar refrain, one I have always loved and long to believeflag 2 likesLike see review There’s nothing I can do but watch as MIt’s the dead of winter, and he’s wearing nothing but a white terry- cloth bathrobe, his feet stuffed into galoshesHow do we hold on to the one we love, when time begins to rub us until there is bare soul?How do we stay true to ourselves, our art and each other when life doesn't go as planned?Shapiro offers deep reflections on these themes and the words are worth savoringIt’s an excellent entry point for Shapiro’s poignant and personal oeuvreI open the red oneKirkus Reviews 2017-02-02The noted novelist and memoirist reflects on her marriage and the elusive nature of time.To write openly about an enduring intimate relationship requires courage and tact; it's a balancing act that can trip up the most seasoned of writers, not to mention potentially damage the sacred bond at stakeAn easy confidenceshirtWith courage and relentless honesty, Dani Shapiro opens the door to her house, her marriage, and her heart, and invites us to witness her own marital reckoninga reckoning in which she confronts both the life she dreamed of and the life she made, and struggles to reconcile the girl she was with the woman she has becomeThe report cards, paper mach art projects, baby bjornBack News & Conversations Morning Edition All Things Considered Fresh Air Here & Now 1A Code Switch Embedded Latino USA NPR Politics Podcast On Point Up First Weekend Edition Saturday Weekend Edition Sunday Youth Radio Storytelling & Humor Ask Me Another The Best Of Car Talk The Big Listen Bullseye Hidden Brain How I Built This Invisibilia Only A Game Planet Money Pop Culture Happy Hour Radio Ambulante StoryCorps TED Radio Hour Wait Wait.Don't Tell Me! Wow in the World Music First Listen All Songs Considered Songs We Love Tiny Desk Alt.Latino From The Top Jazz Night In America Metropolis Mountain Stage Piano Jazz The Thistle & Shamrock World Cafe More All Programs Podcast Directory NPR Podcasts He's funny and kindIm going as fast as I can, I said)Journals from her honeymoonthe last she keptare often lists of things and places that in their very meaninglessness make an effective counterpoint, emphasizing what she has learned since the days of that beginningShe is honestThere's a sense that at the time of writing, she's trying to realize what the third thing is once the couple's son has grown and moves out; I can absolutely relate to this anxiety, as I'm sure many parents can.Hourglass pairs nicely with this article from Modern Love, as well: .more flag 1 likeLike see review

One with pale legsWe’d lived in the house for twelve years, and things were falling apartShe's really great! .more flag 2 likesLike see review All the while, the pecking continuedIll take care of itShop Now Toys & Games Toys & Games Popular Categories Arts & Crafts Bestsellers Building & LEGO Baby & Toddler Toys Dolls & Stuffed Animals Puzzles Science Center See More > Brands & Characters LeapFrog LEGO Melissa & Doug Minecraft Deals All Toys & Games Deals Price $25 & Under $25 - $50 $50 - $100 Age Groups 0 - 2 Years 3 - 5 Years 6 - 8 Years 9 - 12 Years Teens Fast & Fun Cars 3 Toys Hit top speed with new toys & collectibles inspired by the movieI hold my life with MIt came into my life as I too celebrate a long marriage and find myself looking back, amazed by the speed of time passing, its whirl of events, losses and choices that bring me to this momentIt was not cohesive or engaging 48a4f088c3

Join Facebook to connect with Dani Shapiro and others you may know
Grown-Up Child: A MemoirWellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a RésuméBaby Shower: Guest BookLife on the Mississippi (Annotated & Illustrated)Jeff Steinberg #6Keep+Clam%3A+Panda+Journal+Desing+%28A+Composition+Book+Diary%29%288.5+x+11+Jumbo+Large%29The Murder of Seventeen Chapter Seven (Chronicles of Leslie Thompson Saga Book 7)Star Wars Darth Vader - Vader Down (German Edition)Diary Of A Farting Roblox Noob 2: In Prison Life? Let's Escape!: An Unofficial ROBLOX Book (Diary Of A Farting Noob)Counter-Parts

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 14:16 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Organisation XIII Index du Forum -> Zone Flood -> Paradox Bar Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template BBR3 created by revaz for LDA-creation